SimTec's personnel have broad experience gained in the implementation of projects, both at home and abroad, and in different fields, including:
Experience in projects for the automotive industry:
Experience in projects for the food industry:
- Batch Processes and Recipe Systems. Our employees have implemented numerous foodstuff production control systems basing on
PLC controllers and superior visualization systems as well as MS-SQL and Sybase SQLAnywhere databases.
We have experience in standardizing process preparation systems and implementing systems for diagnosing,
reporting and archiving production and process parameters.
- CIP washing systems. Our specialists implemented control and visualization systems for CIP
washing loops for different food industrial plants.
- Beer production control. The personnel of the SimTec company have participated in designing and have experience
in beer production control systems. Our employees have developed software for such facilities as UT, BBT, CIP,
a water purification plant, diatomaceous earth filters and beer centrifuges.
We have also implemented superior systems for visualization, process preparation, reporting and data archiving in breweries.
Sugar factory control. On the basis of Siemens' PCS7
standard, we have implemented complete sugar production control in a number sugar factories, starting from beet cutting plants, through diffusion, juice purification/densification,
strike pan stations, centrifuges, drying plant and transport of finished products to silos.
We have taken part in standardising software for a number of sugar factories. We provide a permanent technical support for
control systems in sugar factories during sugar campaigns.
Experience in projects for the cement industry:
- CEMAT Standard. Our employees have comprehensive knowledge and experience in implementing control and visualization
systems for the cement industry. Based on Siemens' standards CEMAT and
PCS7, we have realized projects for a number of
cement plants in Poland and abroad. Cement plant control includes a complete technological process: component transport,
weighing out raw material, raw material mill, homogenization, exchanger tower, pipe oven, coal batching, cooler, E-filter.
SimTec provides permanent on-line service by means of the PC-Anywhere package for cement plants, which considerably shortens the time of reaction to notified problems.
We have developed a complete modernization strategy for lime works with the purpose of transition to Cemat and PCS7 standards.
Experience in projects for the metallurgical industry:
Experience in projects for the power industry:
- Process control. The SimTec personnel have participated in automation of various metallurgical facilities, such as:
flat iron reverse mill, rods continuous rolling mill, roughing mill, metallurgical furnaces, continuous casting of steel,
E-filters, swaging machines, transports, water purification plants, hydraulic stations, finished product receipt-tying machines, etc.
Oil & Gas industry experience:
Experience in projects for the chemical industry:
- Carburization. We have comprehensive knowledge and experience in implementing control and visualization systems for
carburizing power units. The systems included unloading of wagons with coal-dust, forming storage stockpiles, transports,
backfilling of power unit silos.
Experience in projects for wastewater treatment plants:
- Batching systems. Our employees have a comprehensive knowledge and experience in implementing
and visualization systems for the chemical industry.
- Database systems. Based on the Industrial SQL Server
and the InTouch package of the Wonderware company, we have implemented a data collection system for the washing powder production process. The data collected in the database are
rendered available in the form of reports. The reports are generated by means of the Excel package.
The user has a capability to generate a production report for an optionally selected period of time. Owing to the system implementation, the materials management in the plant was improved.
Experience in projects for road systems and tunnel control systems:
- We have participated in designing and implementing control and visualization systems for wastewater treatment plants.
We have knowledge and experience necessary for standardizing the wastewater treatment process.
We are capable of implementing newest diagnostic techniques for the wastewater treatment process.
Experience in projects for airfields:
- Our employees are fully trained in newest tunnel and road system control techniques.
We are capable of implementing tunnel control systems in conformity with the latest trends and applicable safety
Some exemplary tunnel control structures as developed by our personnel: Example1 , Example2 , Example3
Experience in upgrades:
- Airstrip and taxiway. On many airfields, we have developed and implemented CALVERTsoftware for remote
control and monitoring of navigation lighting.
The system can be controlled from a number of independent sites (depending on the
authorities assigned). The system computer monitoring enables comprehensive diagnosis of the airfield lighting condition.
The redundant structure of the whole system ensures the highest operation reliability.
- Our employees have personal safety certificates authorising them to access secret information under the "Confidential" clause, which enables them to work at military facilities.
Experience in building industrial networks:
- S5 to S7 upgrade. In view of ceaseless progress and aging of electronics, our employees constantly participate
in all kind of upgrades of Simatic S5 to S7 systems. We have the knowledge and experience necessary for upgrading control systems. We are able to adjust any control system to contemporary abilities. The company specializes in SIMATIC controllers, but we also have the knowledge and experience to optimize the control systems of other manufacturers.
- Visualization upgrade. In view of the unceasing progress in the field of visualization techniques, SimTec permanently participates in upgrading visualization systems that already belong to history. We offer modern visualization techniques conformable with the newest trends. The company personnel have complete expertise in the field of programming visualization systems basing on any tool package. SimTec specialists can also develop dedicated visualization software basing on their knowledge of higher order languages.
- Expansion with MS-SQL. Our personnel often participate in expanding capabilities of superior visualization systems. We extend the system capabilities with SQL database systems. As a result, the employer obtains a significant extension of capabilities and functionalities using our superior system. Apart from data collection and archiving, we provide capabilities for generating production reports for an optionally selected period and create instruments that enable building of production statistics as well as an archive diagnosis of events and disturbances. Upon the data collection system implementation, the employer obtains a data access from any point of the plant or the possibility to transmit data to the SAP type systems or similar.
We have our own standard of function blocks:
Modern automatics systems are often based on much extended communication structures. We have experience in designing extended industrial and computer networks. On the basis of electric or optical waveguide networks, we have implemented communication standards based on protocols Ethernet, ProfiNet, Profibus, AS-i, Modbus, Canbus, DeviceNet, etc.
We have also implemented industrial networks based on Siemens SCALANCE components and GSM, GPRS components as well as radio-modems.
- Own standard.
Based on the team's experience, we have developed our own dedicated Simatic S7-300, S7-400 and PCS7 controllers standard
and the WinCC visualization system. We have developed standard universal function blocks designed for controlling drives,
valves and flaps, analogue measurements blocks, a universal step sequence block, industrial network diagnostics
blocks, function blocks for cooperation with FANUC robots etc. Our standard function blocks can be used in Step7 as well as
in PCS7 system in a CFC graphic form. For all standard blocks, we have created WinCC objects and control faceplates.
The control faceplate enable a detailed diagnosis of a particular object. The use of the standard significantly improves
our work. Moreover, the use of proven units is a guarantee of proper application operation.
- Flexibility. We can easily and quickly adjust our standard to the object specificity as well as to additional expectations.
We are also able to adopt the standard to other type visualization systems or controllers.